Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here at Cruise 4 Cancer we combine your passion for cars and bikes with the evident necessity for Cancer Charity Funding.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MadMark

MadMark

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Empty
PostSubject: MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white)   MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 am

Most of you will know my Clio for those that dont heres a quick reminder...

Back when it was first painted Electric Orange:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Markmalinsclio1

As most of you will Know it...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Markmalinsclio
Thanks to Last Ditch Photography for this Image.

Well the Clio's been Orange for a few years now and seeing as its a daily driver it was starting to show the wear and tear then this year back in Jan the Clio was involved in an accident (not at fault)
Once the Insurance Cheque Came through i felt it was time to update the clio as it now required more than just a quick touch up to get it back to a standard i would be happy with...

I asked our very own Photoshop Guru Dan (DanielWatts) if he could chop the Clio using my new colour combo and design thoughts...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Mark22

I took the car over to Carl aka WRCPulsar after he agreed to help me out on this re-invention of the clio, things started like this:

First Job was to Rub down the original paintwork and get filling the cracks, repairing the damage etc..

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep1

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep4d

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep3

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep2

Was then time for a bit of a wet flat and wash down....
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep5

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep6

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Prep7

Once the first stage of prep was complete it was then time to Strip down the car, remove windows, trims etc then get busy masking up the car:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Maskedup2

Thanks to Rob (hybridRob) and dave (Shilly) for the Masking Materials :yes:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Maskedup

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Maskedup1

Then it was time for paint or i like to call it "primer time"
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Primer1m

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Primer2

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Primer3p

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Primer4

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Primer5

Then a Bit of Guide coat was applied:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Guidecoat

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Guidecoat2

Back to Paint in a bit....

With the new plans and colours ive decided on for the car the bucket seats were the only things that wernt going to work with the car due to the Orange stitching, after racking my brains for a while i came up with the idea of using a black permanant marker to dye the stitching, heres the results:

Before:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Orangestiching
After:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Blackstiching

After having such a result and saving myself a fortune on not having to replace the seats i then thought they now looked a little bland, i decided on spraying the harness inserts..

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Seatinserts

My wheels were looking tired and as im after a new look i thought some new rims where in order, found a bargin on ebay and ended up with these:

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Wheelsbefore
Was happy to have the spokie dokie disharoonies, but they needed something to make them out of the ordinary... Update on these in a bit Wink

Back to the respray.........

The primer now had a few days to settle and go nice and dry, was then time to get busy with the Wet and Dry paper, so out came the 400 and 600 Grit Smile

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Flaydown2

Even got Gina in on the Act, Thanks for the help preping the Car hun Smile x
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Flatdown4gina

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Flatdown

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Flatdown3

With all the hard work out the way, was then time to degrease,tac rag and then mask ready for paint:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Quickdegreaser

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Readyforpaint

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Readyforpaint2

Now time to get some colour on the car:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Whitesb

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) White4

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) White2z

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) White3j

Now for the detailing, the Roof, bonnet and rear difusser had to be masked off and painted black:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Maskingfortheblack

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Blackroof

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Blackbonnetj

Once un-masked it looked a little like this:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Blackdetails

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Blackaftermasking

With the Car almost painted, the front bumper needed the black detailing, so this had to be attached and masked up:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Liningupbumper

Once the car had time to dry it was then time to add the green detailing to the bonnet, bumper and interior, no pics of the car this time as the camera died on me, but i have a shot of the interior plastics and bonnet badge:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Greeninteriortrim

Now back to the wheels, having got them off eBay second hand 2 of the wheels had slight kerbing and one was a little scratched it was time for a refurb and a special touch to be added.. i sent them off and this is how they came back:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Wheelsafter

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Wheelsafter2

New tyres fitted (thanks again to Rob for sorting these out for me Smile)
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Wheelsandtyres

Then to give the interior a bit of a transformation:
Before:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dashold
After:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dashbm
(yes i know i need new matts Wink)

Final touch before fitting the wheels was to repaint the calipers, from Orange to Black:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Caliperchange

Now with all the hard work complete... its time to show you all the final result:

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Finallyfinshed

Rolling shot: (thanks Scott)
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Cliorolling

*A massive thank you to Carl aka WRCpulsar @ CatlinMotorServices 07723042212 for all your efforts and hospitality.. during the respray Smile Thanks to Carrie too Smile

*Thank you Dave for the Masking Materials,
*Big thanks to Rob for sorting the tyres and delivery and masking materials
*Thanks to Gina for all your help in preping the car
*Last but not least Thank you to Peanut for sorting me out with a new set of no. plates

Remember.... BUILT NOT BROUGHT!

**UPDATE**

Took the Clio for a Small Photo shoot... Here's a few pics Smile

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio1w

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio4s

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio9

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio8

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio2

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio6

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Clio3k

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Cliointeriorcloseup

UPDATE: 18.10.2010

Time for a bit of a diet for the Clio,

Seeing as the rear of the car is Rather Low, the back seats have been made redundant for a while now and i thought whats the point of keeping something that doesnt get used..

This is how it looked...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0882r

Removed all the rear bench, seatbelts, etc... Was Approx 50kg's in weight in total :eek:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0883qo

Without the seats it looked rather shabby to say the least so was off to go and get some MDF to board over where the rear seats used to be...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0884n

After a trial fit and a nice bit of trimming, things started to look a little like this..
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0885pb

All that was left was to make a back to seperate the boot from the interior..
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0886e

Was rather pleased with the final result, looks much neater, the weight saving has really improved the acceleration, and has made way for a new addition coming soon...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0888nm

UPDATE: 23.10.10
After having angel eyes for a few years now they were starting to look a little tired, and after surviving a small prang, part of them ending up being fixed in with cable ties ( a bodge i know but hey it worked Smile )

This is how it looked:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0889r

After searching high and low for a set of Smoked/Tinted angel eyes as a replacement, i ordered a set from K-tec Racing only for them to ring me a few later to tell me that they had dis-continued them Sad
After a another search i found a set on eBay that was too good to pass up..
Once they turned up I decided to change the Halo Rings from yellow to blue/white Leds, and also treated myself to some Silver-Tec Indicator bulbs
This is how they now look fitted:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0893md

Time for a small interior change, after a visit to http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/ i ended up with a Stainless steel Facia for my Heater Controls also decided on a Green Backing..

Started off like this:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0895f

Had to remove the Heater Knob's:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0897gb

The the Backing had to be removed, Peeled off rather easy, was then time to remove the glue using some Brake Cleaner:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0898e

After it was all prep'd was time to get busy with the new "Green" backing:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0900q

Then came the Lazer cut stainless still facia:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0902p

After Cleaning up the Heater Knobs, it was time to re-attach them:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0903j

And Finally fitted in the car (apologises for the dark image):
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0906jj

UPDATE: 24.10.10

Big Brake Conversion..

Seeing as my current stoppers were due replacement Discs and Pads, I thought now was the time for an upgrade, Ive always said "if your going to do something do it properly" So after a phone call to K-Tec Racing there 'Fast Road, Big Brake Kit' was on its way to me..

One issue with this was that the kit was to fit 16v/Williams Clio's, Some research was involved, after looking on a few Renault forums, I was informed that the Calipers would bolt straight on. I managed to find a set of Lucus (Williams) calipers, after a test fit they wouldnt clear the Disc's Sad...
Ater a little more research i was told there's 3 types of Calipers confused
Fitted on the 1.8 16v im braking was a set of Girling calipers. These didnt fit either, then after a quick brain storming session with Carl (CatlinMotorServices) We made a set of calipers from the two different Sets. Using the Carriers from the Girlings and the caliper from the Lucus Very Happy

Old Brakes:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0378da

New Disc's:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0670az

Also whilst i was going for an upgrade i thought it was only right that i added a set of braided Hoses, I ordered a set of Hel Braided lines and lucky for me they provide them with a kawasaki green finish:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0683j

Old Vs New:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0911yc

Carl then set about refurbing my calipers, First up was to clean them up, Carl being the professional he is, set about Shot Blasting them:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0913v

Then went on to Paint them using the kawasaki paint left over from the Clio's respray:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0916y

Before:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0914vy
After:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0915f

Discs Fitted:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0912s

All Fitted and looking the Nuts if i do say so myself:
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0918cp

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0923a

Big thank you to Carl @ CatlinMotorServices: 07723 042212 WRCPulsar

UPDATE 14.11.10

Some of you may Know that i had a bit of a hole in my dash from when i butchered it tio make room for a 7" screen, after a while i soon got bored with the idea of having a screen in my dash and started to refit all the parts i removed such as oil gauges, Coin trays etc.. this left me with one part that i couldnt get back to stock.. the 3 in dash switches for Hazzard, Rear fog and Rear dimester... the only option i had was to Modify, to create something to house the switches and cover up the whole.

As i knew i couldnt get the O.E switches back in place, i decided to order some Savage switches as used in Caterham 7's and other kit cars. These soon turned up and i needed some way of mounting them.
Adam came to the resuce with some ally chequer plate, i wasted no time in getting the ally cut to size and the holes made for the new switches...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0987z

After fitting the switches, it looked something like this...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0983ym

Happy with the results, i thought that after spending the money on new "fancy" switches it would be better to make more of a feature of them, i found the silver on silver look a tad to "bling" for my liking.. I then set about painting the cheque plate in the same black as my dash..
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0996jj

Next up was fitting them, not being renault specific this was quite a challenge, so i enlisted the help of Mattvvt aka the wiring wizard to help me out, after a few hours of messing about, soldering, adding diodes all was well and the new switches were "ALIVE"!!

Then was time to bolt the pannel into place using some stainless dome head bolts...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img0999qz

And here's how they look illuminated..
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img1001a

DOOR HANDLES:
After speaking to Potter at last weeks meet, he showed me some new carbon fibre cloth and the parts he had trimmed in this, being a lover of all things carbon i had to try this out...

After picking up some of the magical weave material i decided the first port of call would be my door handles as they were looking a little tatty with the painted finish on them.

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img1005h

The wrapping process is really quite simple and took me about half hour to do both handle trims...

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img1007y

This is how they look fitted:

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Img1010o

More Carbon wrapping coming soon....

UPDATE 23/1/2011:

After ordering some guages, I ordered a pillar guage holder only to find it wouldnt fit without serious work, so I then ordered a second one that looked a bit more promising.. unfortunatly this wasnt the case and it was back to the drawing board.

After a bit more searching and investigation I found a company that provided custom made gauge holders, after a call to RGM (www.rgmstyling.com) a Pillar mount was on its way..

The fit was A1, and after a little trimming to fit my 52mm gauges it was ready to fit, before I fitted the Pod, I decided to trim the A-Piller in Carbon.

Didnt manage to get progress pics, but heres the guages and pillar in all their glory...

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0173y

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0175g

One of the Carbon Trim....
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0178k

After having my club sunstrip for a while, It was looking a little tired so I decided a new one was in order

Out with the Old...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0164og

In with the New...
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0179c

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0186

Whilst i was getting busy with the vinyl, i decided to re-new the side window stickers
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Dscf0169

UPDATE: 13/02/11

Right after finding a bargain rollcage on eBay, the money was paid and a K-tec Polished Stainless steel cage was on its way..

After unwrapped it looked a little something like this:

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) IMG_1041

With the Clio's theme of black white and green there was only one colour for the cage...

You guessed it..

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) Paintedcage

GREEN!! :yes: Big thanks to Carl for taking time out of his busy schedule to lay some paint on the cage...

Then came the fitting... first thing first was to remove the seats not too much of a ball ache and they were soon out.
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0191

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0189

next was to position the cage within the Clio after a few fiddly moments and removing the rear "jesus" handles it fitted like a glove..

A little trimming to my MDF backing and it was time to bolt it in...

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0194

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0196

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0195

With the cage fitted securely it was time to refit the seats, First up was a little clean up making the most of the seat being removed..

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0199

Then back in with the Passenger seat..
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0201

Then in with the drivers seat..
MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0203

Now just to sit back relax and check out the days hard work..

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white) DSCF0198

Big thanks to Carl (CatlinMotorServices 07723042212) for painting and help with fitting the cage :yes:

Back to top Go down
http://www.torque-evolution.com

MadMarks Clio MK1 (orange to white)
Page 1 of 1