Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here at Cruise 4 Cancer we combine your passion for cars and bikes with the evident necessity for Cancer Charity Funding.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hardon Blue Corsa B

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gina

Hardon Blue Corsa B Empty
PostSubject: Hardon Blue Corsa B   Hardon Blue Corsa B EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 am

Well it’s about time I got a project thread up, especially seeing as most of you have seen the car in the flesh now!

Sorry, this is a little long!

So this is how I bought the car back in march 2011 after giving it a good clean!
Arden blue Corsa B 1.4 Breeze!

Hardon Blue Corsa B Blue

Hardon Blue Corsa B Clean

I thought I should try do a little something on the car by myself seeing as I wasn’t allowed to see the parts that had been bought until the unveiling. So we got some new Sony Xplod speakers to replace the old ones in the door
New Vs old

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0178

Picked up some speaker rings too

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0181

Bit of a crappy picture but they look so much better than the old ones, and sound it too!

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0179

Mark found some richbrook goodies lying about! These consisted of door pins, new gear knob and gaitor, new handbreak and gaitor.

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0176

Got around to fitting a few of these, just to add some subtle changes

First of all was the gear knob and gaitor

This is how the crappy old one looked

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0234

Then we have the nice new one (after a fair bit of faffing about!)

This is with the new gaitor fitted too..

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0236

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0241

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_0239

This bit was copied from another forum (Mark wrote it as he did all the work, so if you're wondering why it sounds odd then you know Smile )

I decided that now Gina had a car she was happy to modify and with an upcoming event clashing with her birthday i thought why not combine the both and give her a present she could show off with pride...
As always i love a tight deadline (not Sad ) but with only 2 and half weeks it was to go from standard to show in time for mod nats and ofcourse Gina's Birthday.
Obviously i couldnt just ask... what do you want done as that would take the suprise element away from the whole project so i was armed with the following information...
"I want Euro".... not much to go on, i know ive been in the car scene for many years, but ive never put my hand to the "euro" vibe, this was something new to me...
I had a bit of a helping hand with the start of the project when i got handed a set of FK Street Coilovers.
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1143

Fronts... New Vs Old
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1144

Rears... New Vs Old
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1149

Heres a few pics of how the corsa sat before fitting...

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1142

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1141
Not to many pics of the fitting, would only bore you lol..

Fronts Fitted...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1145

Rears Fitted...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1152

Not Sure how much its lowered by, but at a guess id say approx 80mm.. Its LOW!

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1151

Next up was the wheels, this was kind of a joint decision and with the help of Hybrid_Rob they were brought via eBay and delivered by the kind Ginger courier.. Thanks Rob Smile
Here's what they looked like after an Acid Bath and being attacked with a dremel.. (they were in a bad way when rob dropped them off)

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1246

Being as Gina knew about the wheels, it was decided that the dish on the wheels was to be polished and the centres painted.. so time for her to do a bit of the work..

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1153

After a little while, Me and Carl took over and Gina put the pedal to the metal and clocked up 72miles whilst the wheels were getting polished...
Bit more of an update on these later on.....
Next up was the Body mods, now with limited knowledge on the Euro scene and with the kits available being a bit "in ya face" i decided to look for a Gsi front bumper.. Sach came to my rescue with a crashed damaged bumper at a decent price...
here's how it looked...

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1092

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1093

After a few hours with the plastic welder, filler and alot of sanding it started to take shape...

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1094

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1095

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1117

With the front bumper repaired and ready for paint it was time to tackle the rear end..
First i came across a bargain eBay find in the shape of a smooth boot with Gsi spoiler, with a quick bid it was mine and then Ade (blue evo) collected and delivered to Carls workshop for me...
Wasnt in the best of conditions but with most of the work done to it, it was going to save me hours in labour time, after about 4 hours it was ready to paint, the cracks and imperfections were removed and i finshed flushing in the spoiler for that extra touch..

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1199

Now with the number plate recess being removed from the boot, i was left with the dilema of having somewhere Legal to fit the rear plate and light it up...
It was decided to fit a recess from another car into the bumper of the corsa, the recess in question was that from a Ford Sport Ka, along with the recess added the moulding line was smoothed in and the tow eye cover plastic welded and flushed in.

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1121

with the rear end sorted i turned my attention to the arches, with the standard ones being faded, i brought a new set and brand new fixings from Vauxhall's.

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1208

The only way for these to go was to be colour coded so after a quick sand down it was time for a lick of primer..

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1210

Next up was the sideskirts, Gsi skirts were sourced Via CorsaSport and were soon rubbed down and ready for paint, You'll also noticed some door handles, a de-locked one for the passenger side and a OE spec one for the drivers side.

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1122

A common problem with the Corsa is rust on the edge of the bonnet, and sadly Gina's had caught the deadly virus, so i thought why not go for an upgrade.. a Badboy bonnet was sourced, again something i could have done with more time, but yet again eBay came to my rescue..
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1139

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1138

With all the body modifications covered it was time for a few little touches that would make the car stand out... I ordered a set of Smoked Depo headlights, Smoked side repeaters and an aftermarket front grill, no pics of these on there own but you'll soon see them fitted...

Back to the wheels....
After a few hours and many different grits of sandpaper and wet and dry they started to look a little like this...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1247

Once polished, the dish was masked and the center's primed...

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1248

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1249

Then it was time for colour, having a few litres of white from the Clio's respray laying around it was rude not too, heres the results...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1253

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1252

After a few hours drying, it was time to un-mask the wheels...

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1255

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1254

And finally with the Centre caps...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1256

With the wheels taken care of it was time to prime the prep'd parts...

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1127

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1126

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1124

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1123

The Paint odour soon took effect on Carl, but he seemed impressed...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1118

With all the stuff in primer it was time for paint, so after a quick wet flat and pannel wipe the colour started to go on...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1223

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1224

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1225

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1226

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1220

Then it was Lacquer time....

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1237

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1234

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1233

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1236

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1235

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1231

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1227

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1230

All was ready for the transformation, so on the weds evening before modified nationals, i took the keys and headed to the west coast (well....high wycombe, close enough lol) in full pimp my ride style...
First thing first, cant fit new parts with old ones in the way so the deconstruction started...
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1257

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1266

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1274

On went the front end, Gsi Bumper, Bonnet and the grill, things were starting to take shape.. (notice the smoked depo headlights)
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1260

Next was to change the fried egg side repeaters to some matching smoked items..
Before:
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1258
After:

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1259

On went the rear bumper..

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1265

Followed by the smooth tailgate..
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1267

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1269

Next on the to-do list was to change the door handles, the passenger got de-locked aswell as colour coded...

Out with the old:
Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1274

In with the new:

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1275

Drivers side:

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1276

The side skirts went on, didnt get any pics as my phone decided to die Sad
So whilst i waited for it to charge, i decided to turn my attention to some mild tuning goodies...

First up was a Magnex backbox:

Old Vs New:

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1278

Fitted to the car:

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1279

Then it was time for the K&N induction kit, so out came the stock airbox and in with the K&N..

Hardon Blue Corsa B IMG_1262

Here's a few finished shots from Modified nationals..

Hardon Blue Corsa B Corsafinished1

Hardon Blue Corsa B Corsafinished

Hardon Blue Corsa B Corsafinished3
Back to top Go down
http://www.torque-evolution.com
Nick
Admin
Nick

PostSubject: Re: Hardon Blue Corsa B   Hardon Blue Corsa B EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Great project Gina/Mark. Must say i love how the pollished lip came out and the white really fits. Im a massive fan of subtlety so things such as the de-locked passenger door handle i really do like. Once again a top job from Catlin Motor Services and i look forward to having another look around this at Uxbridge AutoShow.

Thanks
Nick
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise4cancer.com
Georgia

Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Hardon Blue Corsa B   Hardon Blue Corsa B EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:32 am

This is an awesome thread Gina, Much love Smile)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cruise4cancer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardon Blue Corsa B   Hardon Blue Corsa B Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardon Blue Corsa B
Page 1 of 1